WRAPPED PONYTAIL hairstyle
This wrapped ponytail is the perfect style if you have long hair and find it difficult to keep your ponytail in place. It’s a casual yet sophisticated hairstyle that works from day to night. By leaving out the top section of hair, you’ll find it easier to put the remainder of your hair up. The top section is then wrapped around the base of the ponytail in a twisting motion. You angle your hair down as you wrap, and then your ponytail is pinned flat against the back of your head.
IDEAL HAIR LENGTH
Medium to long
HAIR EXTENSIONS NEEDED?
No, but you can use a ponytail extension on shorter hair.
Your hair acts as an accessory in this hairstyle, wrapping around your ponytail to create a twist. A jeweled clip or flower can be pinned into the side of the twist to add a more detailed look for nighttime.
Adjust the position of the ponytail to give this hairstyle a different look. For instance, you could tie a really high ponytail or place it lower on the back of your head.
WHAT YOU NEED
• Hair clip
• Hair elastic
• Bobby pins
• Hairspray (optional)
1. Brush your hair to remove any knots before you begin. Take a section of hair at the top of your head to your crown and clip it up and out of the way.
2. Gather the remainder of your hair into a ponytail at your crown.Try to place the base of the ponytail close to the edge of the section you clipped up at the top. Secure your ponytail with a hair elastic.
3. Next, unclip the top section of hair and adjust the front to sit in a small pompadour shape. Use a bobby pin to secure in place just above your ponytail.
4. Wrap the remainder of the top section of hair around your ponytail.Stay as close to the base of your ponytail as possible to avoid the hair sliding down as you wrap it around. Secure the end of the wrapped section with a bobby pin.
5. Flatten your ponytail against the back of your head and use bobby pins to secure it in place.
To get a neat, smooth finish, hold the end of your ponytail while you adjust the wrapped section so that it sits flat against the back of your head. Angle your bobby pins diagonally, and for a stronger hold you can cross your pins in an X shape. Finish with hairspray to keep your ponytail in place.